These are the things that have helped me in my journey as a newly organized person.
1. Weekly Drawers: I keep all my copies and lesson plans organized with the help of these drawers.
2. To Do Drawers: I keep this bin on my desk and whenever I feel the urge to put something on top of my desk, I look over at these cuties and they remind me to put my paperwork where it belongs. No more clutter on my desk.
4. Reminders Board: Keeping my mind clutter free :) I no longer have to remember three million things at once. I write it on the board and the kids remind me to read it at the end of the day to make sure I don't forget anything! This thing has saved my sanity!
5. Book Hospital: A place to put damaged books until I have time to repair them.
6. Read Alouds Bin: A place to put all my read alouds for the week. This way I'm not scrambling to find my copy of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory somewhere in my room. I know exactly where it is.
7. Box Tops Holder: This little makes sure I don't lose any Box Tops when the kids hand them to me. When I created this last summer I had no idea how much it would catch on!!! All of a sudden I saw cute Box Tops containers EVERYWHERE. It was even featured by April at a Modern Teacher. I felt so cool :) And trust me, I never feel cool!
Finally, the bag that all teachers must own:
This is the Thirty One Organizing Tote. It has SEVEN pockets, fits my water bottle on the side, has comfortable straps, and best of all...fits a file holder! I can compartmentalize all my copies and paperwork in there! Love it!
Is it bad to say that my organization journey all started because I wanted to have a cute teacher toolbox? Well, it's the truth, and once I used all these things, I discovered how awesome it is to have a place for everything. The best thing of all is that when I know where everything is, it's so much easier to concentrate on the real stuff: Teaching!
So what helps you stay organized? Please share and link up with Blog Hoppin' today!