Hello! It's been a while since I joined Five for Friday and I missed it! Here is a recap of what I have been up to.
1. I am hooked on making t-shirts! I made one to celebrate spring break and it may, or may not have become my SB uniform. You can make them pretty easily with a Cricut and iron on heat transfer.
2. When we returned to school after spring break, we had just enough time to do some Easter activities. One of my favorite things to do is dye eggs. I work in an area where most of our students don't get to do this at home. We dyed the eggs and then we did some how-to writing.
I recommend getting this egg dying kit! It was by far the easiest kit to use. The measuring lines were already on there and it doesn't require boiling water. The colors were so vibrant too!
3. I put together my newsletters and calendars for April almost a week ahead of time! That may be a first for me ;-)
4. State testing has started up at my school. Each year we get partnered up with an upper grade class and we send them letters of encouragement as well as fun testing treats. I had to print them on Astrobrights paper of course :-)
5. Have you seen these Scaredy Squirrel books? I had seen them and they never called my attention. I picked on up and I'm hooked! They are such fun read alouds and best of all, you can use them to review how-to writing, maps, diagrams, and how to read a schedule. I must have them all!
Like these ideas? You can also find me on:
Now make sure to link up with Doodlebugs Teaching to share your week!